Saturday, April 6, 2013

Analeigh's Olympics

Analeigh attends the Grand Anse Playgroup, or GAP, on Friday mornings. Since she's used to being in daycare 5 days a week, I was worried that she would get bored just hanging out with me and Noelle all day. When I heard that the GAP was an option, I signed her right up. Fridays are typically the pool day at the GAP. On Pool days, the employees get out all kinds of inflatable pools for the kids to play in. It's a really fun time and Analeigh loves it! She asks me everyday, "is today GAP day Mommy?". Every day. Then when I drop her off, she hides behind my legs. Such a silly girl!

A few weeks ago they had the annual GAP Olympics. They have 3 teams: red, yellow, and green which are the Grenadian colors. Analeigh was on the green team this year. She's in the junior room which is 3 to 5 year olds and that's who she competed against.

When you say "smile" this is what you get. 

There's my pretty girl! 

Noelle came to cheer on her sister. 

Analeigh's teacher Ms. Teresa. She has the same birthday as Noelle. 

I get that look a lot. 

Her 1st race was a foot race. 
She did so good! I know she had fun. I don't think she really understood what was going on, but when we told her to run, she did!

One of the kids gave Noelle a pool noodle to play with. 

for some reason, it upset her


the fun area where the athletes can relax before their race


Getting ready for the next race. She has to run to the blue bucket, fill it with water, and run to the finish line. 



Somehow she found a drum. 


Hanging out until the next race. 
Next was the sack race. Analeigh wasn't supposed to do this, but someone bowed out or had a meltdown.

We told her to hop like a bunny and she said okay!

After the kids ran, there were mom and dad races. I actually did an impromptu 50 yard dash with other younger moms. So no, I did not win.

But I did win a race with Analeigh. We had to run half way to our kids, put on a shirt and button one button, and run together to the finish line. I was a champ at that one thanks to my 3 kids and countless times running late to get somewhere. Analeigh was so pleased to be a part of a race that Mommy was in too. (Meanwhile, in the background, Noelle is screaming her head off while one of my friends keeps an eye on her.)



Yay, we won!!

Everyone is #1 at the GAP and they all received a gold medal. 


So happy, such a fun day!


Analeigh is growing so fast! She's 3 and a half this month. She's talking better and working on tracing her numbers and letters. She's a perfectionist with her writing, and if she does not get it perfect, then she doesn't want to do it anymore. We're working on that and she's getting better. I've started doing a mommy preschool twice a week and it's improved her writing skills a ton! Plus, she loves it! There are 8 kids and 6 of us mommies that teach it. It's been a lot of fun for me too. Teaching preschool is harder for me than teaching high school, but the kids are so sweet and it's 2 hours...so, no problem! 




Still our little princess, Analeigh has hit the "terrible threes" with finesse. She's a sweetheart one minute and turns on you the next in a fit of 3 year old rage and temper. And when I say "you" I mean me and Josh. She's always been a good girl for other people though. Phew!



Watching their favorite show: The Fresh Beat Band

Her and Ethan love to play together, mostly outside, and she's started really getting interested in Noelle and all that she is doing too. I see these 2 sisters really having some fun when they get older.

My Sweet Analeigh

Thank you Mrs. Nicole for letting me use some of your pictures!




~~Tarryn~~

No comments:

Post a Comment