Friday, April 5, 2013

Ethan Turns 7 !!

Hello everyone!! So sorry I've been absent from my blog, but I've been busy and actually out and about having a ton of fun. I hope to get you all updated this month with Ethan's birthday, Analeigh's GAP Olympics, and Easter....so enjoy!

I cannot believe that my little guy is now 7. Seven seems so big, so mature, so much bigger than 6. Before you know it he'll be 10 and then off to college. *sigh*



So we decided to have a birthday party this year for him and his friends. First, he started with a Sponge Bob theme. No problem! Then it turned into a Lego theme...even better! Then....no no no...he wanted another change, but I vetoed that idea since I'd already started to buy Lego theme supplies.

I got on good ol' Pinterest and found lots of great ideas. What ever did we do before Pinterest? I guess we actually had to think of our OWN ideas and CREATE stuff from, ya know, our own minds! Can you imagine?!

I kid, but I am addicted to Pinterest....seriously....if I only had the time to create the 20,000 things I find on there. I could make my own laundry soap, really? I had no idea. 50 uses for a dryer sheet? Surely you're kidding. Ok, I think this topic will deserve it's own post...but later...

Ethan's party was on Saturday the 23rd, so on his actual birthday, Thursday the 21st, we ate at his favorite place, Prickly Bay Marina, and had a little celebration.

so happy to have some pizza!

They love to go to Prickly because they can dance and there is usually a band, steel band of course.

All 3 are off and running. 

This one is the one that keeps us on our toes. Even though we look so innocent. 

 Since he's got a cake coming on Saturday, I made some mini cupcakes and put them on plate so we can have a vessel for candles. You have to sing and blow out candles on your birthday!!

Make a wish!!



Super excited! 


I love Analeigh's face in this one. Who knows what she is doing to Noelle. 

Oh Daddy I really want one too!


Party Time!




For Ethan's 7th birthday, we let him invite some friends from school to the Pavillion near Grand Anse beach for some Lego games, Lego cake, and Lego Lemonade. 

He requested a green Lego cake this year. 

It says "Ethan" in case you can't really tell. I had to raid his stash to create it. 
Decorations were all Lego








The Games
Pin the Lego Man Head on the Lego Man



I made a bunch of Lego heads and put everyone's name on them. They did really well. I think they could see through the blindfold. 



And then someone has to be the comedian...it must be a boy thing because Josh thought is was hilarious too. 

 Lego Build - For this one I wrapped a bunch of Lego in different packages and each kid got to unwrap a package and use their Lego to add to the previous kid's creation. Ethan got to start it and I think they really had fun with that one. I thought it might be more fun than just bringing a bunch of Lego for everyone to free-build.

Ethan getting it started and Merrick looking on. He couldn't wait to go next!

Two Spidermen showed up: Turner and Memphis


Eliza adding her Lego 

The Final Product

They did a good job!

Lego Ring Toss
They really enjoyed this one. I grabbed some Duplos to toss to make it easier to find.



Time to sing to the birthday boy, but he got a little shy.





It rained while we were there so it was good that we were in the Pavilion. Some of the kids got wet.

Noelle

Noelle and Blythe


All the little kids loved the water

Merrick and Eliza coloring some blank Lego Men

Leia having fun
 They all got sent away with a goodie bag, complete with Lego crayons!


Before we left we tried to take a family picture...thanks Patty!




I think everyone had a great time! Thank you Patty and Amy for coming and making Ethan's birthday a really fun day!!

~~Tarryn~~

3 comments:

  1. Great party!! You are such a fun mom!!! I loved all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! You did a fantastic job. Now I know what to do for Ross's next birthday. Also, you son has impeccable taste, Spongebob and Legos? A kid after my own heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Tarryn! I had no idea that you made SO many fun games. Did you make those lego crayons yourself? You just raised the bar really high for birthday parties, thanks a lot! :) Now next year I am going to have to do something really cool to compete with Ethan's Mom!

    ReplyDelete