Friday, August 9, 2013

Home Sweet Home - Our Texas Vacation Part 2

Howdy!

Back to the end of our vacation and our trip back to the island with a guest.

So after Junction, I got to go visit with my friend Lauren whom I worked with at RCHS. She was my classroom neighbor. It was so good to catch up, do a little shopping, and then see some more coworkers.

Oh I miss my friends so much! Me and JoLynn

April, Kaela, Misty, Me and Holly


Me and Lauren
I really miss all my coworkers! We were like family for 9 years. I also miss teaching. I also miss doing math everyday.

There might be something wrong with me, I know, I know.

So after my fun days in Dallas, I headed back to San Antonio for some marathon packing and good-byes.

Shop 'Til You Drop...

Let's talk about shopping for a minute.

One of Josh's friends said that we'll be overwhelmed when we get back to America. Everything is so big and fast and loud. Yeah right! It's America. It's where I'm from. Where I grew up. NO WAY

Ummmmm....yeah.....I was totally wrong. The first time we walked into Walmart...whoa! I was totally overwhelmed and had a panicking need to put everything in the cart. LET'S TAKE IT ALL!!

Plus, it was so big. Very colorful and new. The shops here are so tiny and the merchandise already seems like it's old, or at the very least has been on the shelf for quite a while.

Look what I found at Walmart. 

And cheap!! Holy cow!! Everything down in Grenada is at least twice as expensive, if not more, than anything at Walmart or Target.

ahhhhhhh Target.....and Target with Starbucks......oh how I miss you! I think I tried on every pair of shorts and swimsuits that Target has....and I loved every minute of it. Yay!

Since we were home for only 3 weeks, and we had a long list of items to restock and bring back, Josh and I had to walk the entire Walmart store....each. and. every. isle.

Oh I do not kid you! I did not want to miss a thing! We did it very systematically over about a week. Overkill? Sure. Would I break down in tears if we had forgotten something? You bet! It's not like we can just go to IGA and buy, let's say, hair spray, let alone our specific brand and hold. I mean, we couldn't even get butter for like 3 weeks around here!!

Lauren Joins the Chaos


Lauren is a good sport. She and I worked together, right next door to each other in fact, for many years.

Lauren is awesome! She is good with kids too. Specifically, my kids, but probably all kids.

She joined our circus in Dallas and flew with us back home. Home sweet home. It actually was really nice to get back. I missed my bed and my little apartment. Lauren was such a good sport. She was so happy to just be here and see all the Grenadian stuff. The first night we got home there was a millipede invasion (they were house-sitting for us) and as I'm trying to sweep the suckers out the door she's taking pictures. I love it!!

Together we got to do so many fun things! Beach, pool, chocolate plantation, Gouyave fish Friday, St. George's, and we hiked to the 7 Sisters waterfalls.

Lauren at fish Friday
Steel band in Gouyave
This is so cool! That is a nutmeg. The center is the nut. The red is the mace. 
We hiked to 7 Sisters 

We went to the crab races. I won $44 EC. Whoo hoo!
Go crabs go!! 
Cheers to a fun adventure! Thanks for coming Lauren!! 

We seriously had so much fun! I think the driving kinda freaked her out a few times, and I got over my fear of driving up mountains. Yay us! We spent a lot of time at Grand Anse Beach and sometimes the kids came with us. It was a fun vacation! Thanks Lauren!! 


Well, as I write this Josh just finished his final exam of 3rd term. That means Tuesday starts the dreaded 4th term. Dreaded because it's really hard. Really really hard. So we are going to enjoy our 3 day weekend with Josh and see him while we can. Starting Tuesday he's just going to be "that Daddy guy" we occasionally see when he stops off for food and sleep. 

Hope your summer was fun and relaxing. And if not....here, enjoy....



Tarryn

I'd like to thank Lauren for letting me use her pictures of her trip. My camera just didn't make it out with us very much. Thanks Lauren!! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry I missed you while you were here! Sounds like you had an awesome time.

    ReplyDelete