Sunday, September 15, 2013

Back in the Swing of Things

Well 4th term is in full swing. Josh is busy studying full time....along with some classes and labs. We don't see him much right now. He comes home for dinner and then goes back to school to study at night.

This leaves us with a lot of time to ourselves.

You better keep me busy or I'm gonna get into TROUBLE!!

Luckily, we are in a place where all of the spouses and moms have to same problem. So we keep ourselves plenty busy!!

For one, Ethan started school last week.


Ethan is attending the same private school this year. Last year they moved him ahead a grade in reading/ language arts. This year he has been moved up in math. Since the 2nd/3rd graders both do the same science and social studies, that puts Ethan in 3rd grade. Keep in mind it's a small school and there are only five 3rd graders. We are excited for him!!

We are going to try something new this term for him and Analeigh. The school offers after school programs and one of them is swimming. I've got both kids signed up for swim lessons this fall. Ethan would want me to tell you that he learned how to swim this summer, so clearly we are just improving what he already knows.


Analeigh started our mommy-led preschool this week. This is a serious preschool. Our friend Mindy brought back tons of great preschool resources from the states and we are following a curriculum her mom uses in her preschool class.


She loves it!! They will be focusing on animals and they will learn to write, count, do math, and many many more lessons that preschoolers need before kindergarten. Each mom will take a month to teach all the kids. Right now Mindy is teaching and I will teach the month of November. I think it will be really fun!!

These 3 are certainly going to keep me busy!! 
On top of school activities, there are also just fun things we do each week. One of those is go to the park. It's fun for the girls to play with their friends and the moms to get out and talk to other people. Before the official park day takes place, I took all 3 to the park myself:

This girl is addicted to swinging!


I have no idea what the drama was this time. It's always something when you're 3. 

So here is our schedule now that school is back:

Mondays - drive carpool to school (I do this everyday!!), pool day (I know, my life is SOOO hard!)

Tuesdays - carpool, mommy preschool for Analeigh, swim lessons in the afternoon

Wednesdays - carpool, park day, soccer after school

Thursdays - carpool, mommy preschool and I babysit Mindy's adorable 3 month old!

Fridays - carpool, both girls go to GAP!! Free time for me!!!

Fridays are going to be a good morning. Both girls are in the preschool program through the university and Ethan is at school. I haven't had alone time in a long long time. Usually if I was alone, I was at work. I'm am really excited about all the possibilities this fall.

This view from under a beach umbrella may be an indication of my favorite Friday activity. Notice the sun rainbow.  
It's good to be busy around here. Makes the time fly by.

The Great Lego Debocle

Oh that Analeigh!! I didn't post this on Facebook because...well I just didn't. It was just too traumatizing, but I suppose I should share. 

First of all, Analeigh is a hypochondriac. She is always in pain somewhere. And she always wants me to take her to the doctor....always. Cry for attention? Just being 3? Who knows. 

So last Saturday Analeigh complains that her nose hurts. Ok sure, you're fine. Again, this is a daily and common occurrence. But this time she keeps saying it so I look. Nope looks fine. Again she complains so I get the flashlight out and sure enough, there's a pink Lego stuck up in her right nostril. 

*Sigh* 

Good thing she's cute!

I ask her why. No reply. Blank stare. Okay. 

So we start trying to blow it out. Over and over again. No go. It's a square angled piece and it isn't moving. I alert Josh who comes home. I ask my FB mom friends for help. Sweet sweet Mindy, who was a nurse in her old life, says she's removed objects from other kid's noses before and she could try, if we want her to. 

She's a good friend!!

Long story short, we got to Mindy's, she can't reach it and we make the decision to take her to the clinic on campus. It should be noted here that we are not in the United States. Did you know that?! I am not 100% trusting of any kind of medical procedure here. Just because we are at a medical school doesn't mean that these guys actually, ya know, practice medicine. Let alone on little kids. I am weary. Oh, and it's Saturday. Of course. 

Next we take her to the clinic and the doctor decides he doesn't want to touch it. It's too far back and she screams bloody murder if you get near her. Best option is to put her under. However, this doctor says we have to go to the private hospital, by ambulance, intubate her (yes that is spelled wrong. You know the scary thing you see on TV where they put the tube down your throat. That. That is what they want to do!!) so the Lego does not get aspirated, and that also means general anesthesia. AAAAAHHHHH!!!

It's a Lego. Ugh. 

At this point Josh has been not studying since 12:30 and it's already about 7:00. As much as I know he wants me to go to the hospital with Analeigh, there is just no way I can do it. I'm just not good at the medical stuff. So Josh goes with her in the ambulance and I go home to get the other kids settled at Mindy's house. 

I get the kids settled, head up to the hospital (which is situated at the top of a mountain!), and by the time I get there the doctor had already removed the Lego. Thank GOD!! He only gave her a shot to sedate her and he managed to get it out. It still took a while due to the location and shape, but it was out. Holy cow!! We were so relieved. 

There you have it. Hey, wanna see it? 



Yep, that was in her nose. Why? She will never say. She's keeping that a secret. 

Guess what she's going to get on her 18th birthday? That Lego. The World's Most Expensive Lego. 

Oh Analeigh! 

I have a feeling this is not the last time we'll be saying those words. 



Oh Analeigh!!


Hope your week is Lego-in-the-nose free!! 

ha ha

Tarryn 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Tarryn...I know the lego fiasco was a bit traumatizing...but your telling of the story really makes me laugh!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your text really informative information here and also good stuff...

    Essential revision notes for MRCP phillip kalara

    ReplyDelete
  3. really informative information!!http://www.afu.ac.ae/en/announcements/

    ReplyDelete
  4. really informative information!!http://www.afu.ac.ae/en/announcements/

    ReplyDelete